Melbourne Workers Compensation Lawyers
Being injured at work can be traumatic and if not handled properly, can have a dramatic impact on your physical, mental and financial well-being. Fortunately, if you have been injured at work in Melbourne, you may be entitled to make a claim under the Victoria workers’ compensation scheme.
Who’s Entitled to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim Victoria?
Under Victoria’s workers’ compensation scheme, which is administered by WorkSafe Victoria, you are entitled to file a claim for a work-related injury or illness, if:
- You are a permanent, casual, full-time or part-time employee;
- You are employed by the people at the place where you work or by an employment agency; and
- Your injury is new or an aggravation of a pre-existing injury or condition.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR ACCIDENT / INJURY
What Benefits Are Available Under a Victoria Workers’ Compensation Claim?
If you have sustained a work-related injury in Melbourne, you may be entitled to the following benefits:
- Weekly Compensation Payments for time off – The amount of your weekly compensation payments will be based on your Pre-Injury Average Weekly Earnings (PIAWE), which is calculated by averaging the 52 weeks of pay you earned immediately preceding the date of your injury.
- Reasonably Incurred Medical Expenses – Along with the cost of medical treatment and the like, if you are required to be away from home while receiving treatment for your injury, you may be reimbursed for the cost of accommodation and transportation to and from treatment.
- A Lump Sum Payment – As compensation for any permanent physical or physiological impairment resulting from your injury. This is in addition to weekly compensation payments and medical expenses.
In addition, if your injury reaches a certain impairment rating or satisfies the ‘serious injury’ test, you may be entitled to file a common law claim for damages above and beyond the benefits available to you under a Victorian WorkSafe claim.
A common law claim can be worth ten of thousands of dollars more and can help to improve the quality of your life dramatically after suffering a work-related injury or illness. For more information, contact our knowledgeable Melbourne workers’ compensation lawyers.
Why Contact Our Melbourne Workers Compensation Lawyers?
Understanding the nuances of the Victoria workers’ compensation claim can be difficult and there are many things that can go wrong when filing a claim.
Our experienced Melbourne workers’ compensation lawyers can help you, your doctor and your employer make your recovery and return to work as effortless and secure as it can be.
We will assist you throughout the process and ensure that you understand your rights and obligations as well as the benefits that you may be entitled to under the Victoria workers’ compensation scheme.
We’re dedicated to providing you with all the support you need to recover from your injuries and carry on with your life.
Contact An Experienced Workers’ Compensation Lawyer In Melbourne
An experienced Melbourne workers’ compensation lawyer can ensure that you understand your rights and obligations under the Victoria workers’ compensation scheme and advise you of the steps you need to take.
If you have sustained a workplace injury in Melbourne and need help filing a claim, call us as soon as possible. There are strict time limits for making a workers’ compensation claim in Victoria. So, contact us today at 1300 019 637!